So, where has Megan been?
Here, just not...here. My parents store opened this weekend, so between helping them get that set up and working, and getting everything for this semester straightened out, I’ve been busy half the time, and the other half I’ve been too blaaaaaaah feeling to do much of anything. Now, let me summarize.
1. This is the perfect popcorn. I wanted Kettle Corn. I wanted Butter. I got this, and I’ve been living off of it for a month.
2. I made curtains. It was a one-day project, but they rock and block all the horrid sunshine and heat. Hoorah.
3. The perfect chocolate. This is the one thing (besides the Dew) that keeps me going long enough to get stuff done. Available at a Target store near you.
4. It’s been about...14 months since I started knitting. These are from the first few months or so.
The woven looking stuff on the end is some hand weaving. I credit that with getting me started - I took a class at work on how to hand weave, and decided that knitting would be even cooler. The black/white this next to it is my first scarf, made from LB Homespun. The striped cream/blue thing next to it is my second scarf. Both are garter stitch and nothing amazing. The speckled thing in the middle is my first hat, made from Patons Bohemian, It's my first "pattern" - it's just a stockinette hat, but I thought it all up myself (made a big rectangle that tapered at one end and stitched it together). The big purpleness at the top is another LB Homespun scarf - it's twelve feet long and was my first ribbing project. The dark grey next to it was my first project in the round - another hat (also from Homespun). The fugness at the very bottom? That was made somewhere between the first two scarves, it's a bunch of scraps. It's fugly. The white to the right is a bag (another of my "patterns") made from white acrylic and plastic grocery sacks. Don't ask. Last but not least, that smaller purple thing is another of my own designs. Don't remember it. Shortly after all of this (yeah, biiiig rambling paragraph), I was turned on to natural fibers via KnitPicks and my projects got more serious. Blah, blah blah... ;)
5. Designed my Tubey, such as it is. Probably will use grey instead of purple. (KP SUPERWASH OMGOMGOMG!!!!)
6. Finally, my Amazing Lace update. *hides in shame* I know. I'm sorry. RL got in the way. :( I've got my first sock done.
I think that's it. I'm working on My So Called Scard right now, with the Manos I bought earlier this year. In about a month, classes start up again (I'm [almost] a sophomore at WSU), and that's about it right now. And summer is hot.
'Til next time!